Young Chang Ameria and Kurzweil

Ken & Pat Gerler kenneth.gerler at prodigy.net
Wed Nov 1 08:27:45 MST 2006

(Here is an email sent to the MITA, Int'l eForum September 14, 2006 - this
from Raymond Heimbecker. The first paragraph is reference to electronic
service help.)

 Here is the story to the best of my knowledge.  Samick is no longer
involved with us at all with the exception of being the defendant on one or
more lawsuits, where we are going after them for damages.  Young Chang had
closed down their European division somewhere around 1998.  Lars Karstensen
has since tried to fill in that gap with Team Kurzweil Europe, although
apparently it is not working.  I would be happy to send you any service
manuals and provide you with any support that I can.  Duane and Julie at D G
Audio Repair in Washington State, USA do retail sales of our parts and they
do ship worldwide, depending on restrictions.  You may contact them at
jgarvin at dgaudiorepair.com or 360-432-1080.  You may also contact Il Ju Lee
in regards to any service matters.  He is located at our factory in Korea.
Here is his contact information.  His English is pretty good. Kurzweil Co.,
Ltd. - Manufacturer of Kurzweil Music Systems Distributor - 178-353
Gajwa-Dong Seo-Ku, Inchon, 404-812 Korea iljulee at ycpiano.co.kr
82-32-580-1521
 As for the future, who knows?  Hyundai Development Corporation is now the
owner of Young Chang and Kurzweil Music Systems.  They seem to be genuinely
interested in investing in the company and restoring it's reputation.  I do
not know if they have any plans for a facility in Europe or anywhere else.
Presently they are planning on move us (the US division) to southern
California near Los Angeles, but a final decision has not been made, nor has
a date been set.

 While composing this email I have received and internal email that states
we are now going by Young Change North America instead of A N D Music Corp.
I also saw the posts from Cy and Andy.  Pam is currently doing the acoustic
parts and all of the warranty claims and questions. (Pam probably quit about
the time this email was sent, Ken Gerler.)

Raymond Heimbecker

Ken Gerler, President,
MITA, Int'l
12425 Parkwood Lane