Yamaha C-7 Key Top ?

Dave Smith dsmith941 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 1 18:00:16 MST 2006

Brett, try calling  Yamaha piano service at 1 800 854 1569.  They had a problem with the original Ivorite keytops and may be willing to work with you on replacing them.  They can tell you if the 1989 C7 was subject to this problem.   I restrung a C7 c. 1985 after Hurricane Charley in Florida and Yamaha was willing to replace the badly stained keytops.  Being on Maui may present some problems,however,  if they dont have a qualified keytopper in the area.

Dave Smith
SW FL