Steinway Sqauar w/o legs, lyre, etc.

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 2 20:44:11 MST 2006

This opera guy in California noticed a Steinway square grand that had been
abandoned backstage.... He bids, gets out-bid by someone that just wants
the
legs and lyre...

So, he decides to save the body to maybe make a desk or something... He
proceeds to pull off the strings, dumping them. I read about this two days
BEFORE Joe Garrett lets us know he has a Steinway square grand that had
been
in a fire, does anyone need the lyre and legs?..... (the timing was ALMOST
perfect )

Yes, they were a perfect match, and now he wonders how to go about getting
the proper strings? Years ago, he apprenticed with a tech, but is not
active in the tuning world. Would anyone be interested in doing a re-scale?
Let me know, and I'll pass on your email to him!

thanks a bunch

Ron,
Unless there are two of the same situation, I've taken care of the missing
parts.[G] Regarding the scale, I do that, as well. I may,even, have a
Steinway Square in the Scaling files.
BTW, is his initials: J.B.? If so, he is now in possession of everything.
(Except the strings<G>)
Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police