Warranty Work Question

mps at usol.com mps at usol.com
Fri Nov 3 07:59:51 MST 2006

Thank you to all for their honest answers...

The situation here is that when I tuned this piano the client told me
that another tech. had tried to repair this key. The problem with the
key is that sometimes it plays, others not.
On inspection it is evident that the jack is sliding too far side to side
and not going completely under the hammer butt to allow it to play.
Upon pulling the action and whippen assembly, I can see that the
birdeye at the jack flange is oval and jagged in shape. I'm thinking this
is my problem and to correct this I should just replace the entire
whippen assemblyand regulate this key.

The manufacturer has already sent me the whippen assembly gratus.

I will take the knowledgeable advice given here and put it to good use.

Thank you!
Mark