Diane Reeves

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Fri Nov 3 16:33:14 MST 2006

Hi Folks

Tonite I got one of those wonderful opportunities that come along in our
trade from time to time.  Diane Reeves and her trio were in town and
playing at one of my venues, the Vest Norsk Jazzsenter / Bergen Jazz
Forum.  Extra special because the pianist was on our 5 month old Hamburg
C, which I have to say is probably the nicest sounding C I've ever run
into.  Its been a little temperemental tuning wise on occasion, and I
was a bit anxious this evening because of the gig, and because we just
hit early winter climate this week and virtually every piano in town is
out of tune. She cooperated wonderfully this evening tho... and boy did
the music shine as a result.

We've had a Yamaha C3 these past 25 years and its been a stable
workhorse tried and true to be sure... but listening to this sparkle
tonite... well its just amazing what a class instrument at its best can
contribute to music.  The pianist one Peter Martin was simply ...
dynamite... and perfect for Diane's show. Diane herself put on one of
the classiest evenings I've ever had the pleasure to be apart of.  Not
just because of her voice... she just reached out and took hold of
everyone of us sitting out there... We were literally cuddled musically
all evening long.  Dont really know how else to put it.

Anyways... I wish y'all coulda been here.  It was just wonderful.

Cheers
RicB