[SPAM] Aftertouch

Lance Lafargue lafargue at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 4 15:30:39 MST 2006

My understanding is that aftertouch is what happens after the jack escapes, not the last 1/8" of key travel.  Amount of movement of key after escapement should be about thickness of a penny and be consistent.  Also, the "clicking feel" is also affected by the amount of drop adjusted, action design, and friction.
Lance Lafargue, RPT
LAFARGUE PIANOS, LTD
LPIANOS.com
lafargue at bellsouth.net