The term "Tuning Hammer"??

David Nereson dnereson at 4dv.net
Sat Nov 4 23:48:22 MST 2006

	When a unison needs to be aligned to its hammer, rather than fish out a
separate hammer for tapping the string spacing tool, I just use the
"hammer" end of the tuning hammer.
	Once in a while a balance rail pin (key pin) will work its way out of the
balance rail, sticking way up above the key button, and I'll tap it back
in with the tuning hammer.  [I know, I know, but this is a cheap spinet
that only gets tuned every 7 years.]
	If it weren't a "nice" tool that you don't want to bang up, you could
also use it for driving tuning pins by placing it on the pin to be driven
in, then hitting the rear flat surface with some other hammer, but then
they make a special tool for that.  But in a pinch (?) . . . .
	--David Nereson, RPT