Aftertouch

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 5 12:03:24 MST 2006

That's Wurzen punchings... www.pianofortesupply.com

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

Original message
From: "J W Stein"
To: "Pianotech List"
Subject: Re: Aftertouch

Hi Folks,

thanks to those giving imput on aftertouch.  To be honest I have tried most of the suggested remedies.  And regarding the Werzen bushings, where do you get them?  I can't say that I have heard of them or used them, but, the spongy feel of aftertouch that I mentioned is not a bushing problem... and it only happens in rare instances on finely regulated instruments.

Id say on average, I find that spongy feel in may 2 or 3 notes per  handful of pianos, but mostly in Steinways...curiously.

Anyway, as I mentioned, I found that slightly increasing the depth has helped when nothing else has.

Anyway, thanks again..... the suggestions have all been helpful.

Jon