Pin flexing/bending/twisting

Alan R. Barnard tune4u at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 5 12:36:14 MST 2006

Tuning pin friction generates a LOT of heat, as y'all have probably experienced, when they are turned round and round to remove them. It SEEMS like even more heat is generated when they are spun quickly, but I suspect it is only because there is no time, in that case, for any of the heat to dissipate. So some heat must always be generated, even in tuning and heat does things to wood and glue. Does it contribute to wear or make the hole "slicker" (less grabby) over time? I dunno.

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15