Suzuki Pianos -- Anyone?

David Renaud drjazzca at yahoo.ca
Tue Nov 7 14:08:29 MST 2006

   I regulated a new Suzuki piano.

   The action guide bolts were beyond not regulated,
not touching the keybed, were just put in their place
hanging on by one thread, not turned down one bit,
recessed in the action frame a good 5mm.

    Jacks were much higher than windows, rep. springs
in total failure, it did not work. Drop was a good
1.5 inches. etc. ect. The pedals did not work, etc.

    I believe the parts were assembled only, and
nobody even attempted to regulate the parts at any
time.

    I had been called in because another technician
did
not want to deal with it. The owner gave me a budget
of 4 hours to fix it. I did. In the end it was
acceptable as a piano, tone predictably bright,
sustain medium, action worked. I would not recommend
one.

  They thanked me very much and said how very happy
they were. He wants to use the other technician for
tuning since "he does not have much work and needs the
work" He will call me for any follow up regulation.
hmmmmmmm......I am spending my time troubleshooting
someone elses business, fixing someone Else's clients
problems. DUH, as in dense.
Wake up Dave, SUCKER. Live and learn.

                              Slow learner here

                              Cheers :)