recycling not-so-old hammers

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 00:27:21 MST 2006

It's not hard. Cut them off & clean up the  existring flat side to fit in the
boring jig & bore away.  Been there  done that. It works. Better off saving
the intact assemblies  as is for a  similarly bored piano.  Think of the labor
savings.
  Dale

So the question is: how hard would it be to rebore these for a different
piano? If I cut off the old shanks (actually they're relatively new, too)  flush,
couldn't the hammers be re-bored and installed in a different  piano?

I don't see a reason why not, but then, there's so much I  don't know.  What
do you guys think?

Tom Sivak
Chicago