recycling not-so-old hammers

Erwinspiano at aol.com Erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Nov 9 09:06:16 MST 2006

Tom
  Yes I agree.   I'm a big one for custom bored hammer  lines too. It would
be easier to do as you suggest.  Plug & bore them  & Use them in something
that's has a similar bore..etc
  Dale

Dale

Thanks for the reply.  Sure, it would be even better if the boring  fit
another piano, but what are the chances of that?  I would think that  there are so
many variables that it would be quite a coincidence if the  hammers fit,
intact, as is, on any other piano.  Even if the bass strings  angle matched the
hammer boring, what about the strike point?  (Or is the  strike point/shank
length more uniform from piano to piano than I  imagine?)

Tom Sivak
Chicago