Sustain pedal lift ratio

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco at luther.edu
Fri Nov 10 04:01:44 MST 2006

At 10:48 AM 11/10/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Ron
>
>Thanks for a refreshingly technical contribution in the midst of the
>yearly pre-holiday season collage of mix-mush.  Grin....with jokes about
>triangular wheels being tossed around here on pianotech and a soon 40 post
>thread about Gorilla Glue on Caut one has to wonder about the general
>level of sanity amoungst our midsts as it were.
>
>Seriously tho... I'd like to hear more about how you go about designing a
>change in the lever systems.  I remember my brother Joe doing this to
>accommodate pianodisk systems... tho I dont think he was concerned
>directly with the lifting ratio... more a matter of making everything fit.
>Still.. this might be a nice addition to ones technical toolbox as it were....
>
>Cheers
>RicB

I second this. The difference in feel, usually expressed as
"heavy"/"light", has been noted more lately by both students and faculty.

BTW, the sostenudo pedal also suffers this inconsistency.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.