use or abuse of forum

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sat Nov 11 23:44:32 MST 2006

edmiller3 at hotmail.com writes:
...I often feel hesitant to ask a question, though, because I'm not sure how
all you veterans feel about students/novices such as me using the forum as a
resource only to take from.

Is it use or abuse?
Ed,

It's my impression that the list is accepting of, and helpful to, beginners
who are sincere and otherwise doing their homework. There is usually someone
out there who will take an interest in your question. The list is merciless to
those who are using it as their sole source, or not paying attention to
answers, or otherwise failing to respect the time it takes for a more experienced
technician to share a thoughtful reply.

In addition, a newer technician who is actively interested in learning, and
is independently pursuing knowledge, will sooner or later discover a valuable
tip to share with the most experienced. Keep  those cards and letters coming....

Bob Davis