clamping action cloth

Roger Jolly roger.j at sasktel.net
Sun Nov 12 10:25:12 MST 2006

Hi Ed,
               This is truly a job for Hot hide
glue. Glue one side of the wippen cloth first,
use a little finger pressure for about 10 secs to
give the glue time to hold.  Now glue the other
side of the cloth, making sure the cloth is stretched across the under felt.
You will not need any clamps.   Learning how to
work with Hide Glue is an essential part of the trade.
Slow setting glues wick into felt and cloth, and
often defeats the reason why the cloth has been used in the first place.

Hope this helps
Regards Roger

then map the best route!  http://local.live.com?FORM=MGA001