clamping action cloth...(on wippen)

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 12 11:26:55 MST 2006

I know to only glue down the ends of the felt and not in the middle where
the capstan will contact the felt. What I can't figure out is a good way to
clamp down each felt while the glue dries.

Thanks,

Ed,
Lay a wippen on an inconsequencial board. Trace it. Band saw/jig saw it out
to have an image of that. Put a weak trapwork spring on the board that will
hold the wippen in the "cut-out". Voila', you now have a clamping device.
Make several. Use Hot hide glue, so that the job will go quickly. Assembly
line the process.
Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police