Knabe(Samick)/Renner & the 114 mm action spread

John Tonyan tonyanj at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 13 15:15:46 MST 2006

I was prepping a new Knabe with a Renner action and found it had no
aftertouch before the jack hit the cushion. I measured the spread and it was
114mm which put the knuckle so far forward that there is no way to get any
real aftertouch.

I thought the Renner action was pretty much a 112mm (+/-) action. This
action would certainly perform well there. Did Samick do this to be
"consistent" with there other actions or what?

Scratching head,
John