DIANE REEVES 440 OR 442?

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue Nov 14 08:38:02 MST 2006

Hi Patrick

We always go with 440 at the jazz club. Mostly because of American
artists coming through who are pitch conscious.  The Diane Reeves group
uses a Rhodes on one piece so you will have to make sure that it matches
with the piano.  Our contract with Diane did not specify pitch either...
so your 442-440 window would probably work either way if it comes to
it.  But, as I said... 440 is what we used here.

Cheers
RicB

    Hi RicB or any others that can help,

    Diane Reeves is playing over here in a couple of days and we are
    supplying
    the piano (Hamburg D). Just wondering, did she/her manager insist on the
    piano being at 440 or 442? or were they not really bothered? As
    usual the
    organizers haven't told us and don't want any last minute surprises.

    Thanks,

    Patrick