Action feel (was Action Touch is too light)

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Wed Nov 15 13:31:39 MST 2006

Hello everybody.

After all those years trying out pianos from left to right, I kind of have
to admitt that Steinway actions generally tend to feel superior to say
Bechstein actions.
Someone said (before being bashed) that even poorly regulated, Steinway
action still feels nice.  While indeed, a Bechstein action, if no more than
little out of specifications, can be pain.
This was curious to me, knowing that the design of both are at least close
one to each other.
I started to think about the fact that maybe belly work could interfere with
touch feel, and that a superiorly responsive board can give the feeling of a
superiorly responsive action.
Any thoughts ?

Best regards.

Stéphane Collin.