Estonia evaluation

Steve Brooks smbrooks at sprynet.com
Thu Nov 16 11:17:59 MST 2006

Hi Marcel,

Unless I'm missing something here, I don't see how you could be in a
conflicting position. The client wants to donate, not sell, her piano to
the university. I don't know Canadian tax law, but in the U.S. the only
party you would offend might be the Internal Revenue. And, they would
almost certainly accept your appraisal unquestioned. At least in the US,
no matter what your appraisal you could not hurt the university. I would
err on the high side to benefit the donor. Unless, of course, you wish
to benefit the tax authorities.

Steve Brooks
Cameron, MO

In a message dated 11/15/2006 7:47:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,