Chickering cocked hat advice

gordon stelter lclgcnp at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 17 11:52:40 MST 2006

"Straightforward" action problems are deceptive on
these things. Ask anyone who's tried rebuilding one (
just the action) and spent 3-600 hours on it! No
kidding! For example: If one of the "butterfly"
springs breaks ( like while you're trying to adjust it
) imagine spending 4-5 hours just GETTING to it,for
replacement ( making it youreself ) and putting
everything  back together. And then the NEXT one
breaks !!!!! Replace the whole action  with a  modern
one, or expexct to spend the next several months
rebuilding this. You'd be very well advised to pay me
a nominal fee  to spend a  few days writing a  manual
for you, on both rebuilding and regulating, before
digging in.  Or you may "lose your shirt" as others
have said they did, who tried this!!!   !!!BEWARE!!!
     Peace,