DC in Square Grand

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun Nov 19 13:29:26 MST 2006

Joe,
I couldn't remember, what the underside of the square grand looked like. It
has been a long time since I attempted to work on one.
For some unknown reason, I had thought that it might be one with no beams.

Some people do not realize that there are these extendible support rods that
can be used in such situations. Hence the suggestion.

I sent the suggestion, before I saw your answer.

Because, believe me, if I had seen that you said there was no way to install
one, I would have taken that as gospel.

So this would mean that a separate structure, such as some have suggested
for grands on stages, could be used below, and a cover that comes down lower
on the sides, could be used as the cavity.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca