Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Calin Tantareanu calin1000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 14:23:21 MST 2006

Ed,

Interesting to read about the Schumann piano. If you can please tell me how
you would characterize its tone and sustain.
I said I like the way that agraffe is made (it's simplicity). You should
note that this design has no "sound filter" like Stuart or Steingraeber use.
If the unpleasant sound was indeed caused by the agraffe, it seems an
argument to include a sound filter to avoid unwanted frequencies.
I'm sure that laminated bridge caps treated with epoxy are better than
normal ones not only in terms of resistance to splitting, but also in terms
of increased stiffness.

Calin Tantareanu
http://calin.haos.ro