Serial Number Location on Old Chickering Grand?

Rick Bazemore tunericks at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 05:09:10 MST 2006

Alan,

  I saw on one of the previous posts from earlier in the year a reference to Chickering numbers sometimes are abbreviated.  Such as, the number 2435 might actually be 102435.  Do you have any knowledge of Chickering's practice regarding this?

  Thanks,
Rick

"Alan R. Barnard" <tune4u at earthlink.net> wrote:
  You can look in all the usual unusual places (plate, keyframe, keybed, legs frame, etc.) but I am sad to have to inform you that sometimes there just isn't one to be found, especially if it's one of the "Quarter Grands".

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO
Joshua 24:15