Article about bridge agraffes - function, types

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Nov 21 16:04:19 MST 2006

> The makers of the agraffes told me that the damping is meant to eliminate
> certain partials that are not wanted. This is not exactly the same as
> bleed-through or noise.
>
> Calin Tantareanu

Yes, I understand that's the makers' explanation. I just don't
think the explanation makes a lick of sense. How does a piece
of rubber or felt only damp "certain" partials in a string
segment less than 10mm long? The bleed through observation was
my explanation of what I think is actually happening, and did
make sense, at least to me.
Ron N