"Wild Strings"

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Nov 23 07:31:23 MST 2006

Some pianos defy tuning. One tuner put it, "It's like mowing weeds".

One nasty Wurly console had me say to the owner, "Tuning this is
more like hitting a stick on a chain link fence".

You'll be surprised that if you go through these as fast as you can,
they will sound no worse than had you spent all day tuning.
Develop your speed tuning, it will help your overall tuning as well.

Finally the Tuner's Prayer for this Thanksgiving Day...

Grant me the strength to tune the pianos I can tune
Courage to tune the ones I can not
Wisdom to know the difference.
--

Regards,