Upright hammer bore

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu Nov 23 08:49:54 MST 2006

Another boring thread...

I know this has been discussed but I don't recall ever reading that
upright hammers should over-strike the strings.

I'm ready to bore a set for a M&H. The present hammers are severely
over-striking... to what advantage?

Why, in theory, would hammer hanging differ between grands and verticals??

I have installed vertical hammers with reduced the strike angle
(reducing shank height)
with favorable results but thought I'd run it by here before I proceed.

I have Spurlock's hanging jig and will cut the shanks to length
en-mass with a band saw.
--

Regards,

Jon Page