FW: Circular Saw help

tom tomtuner at verizon.net
Sat Nov 25 06:35:54 MST 2006

  _____

From: tom [mailto:tomtuner at verizon.net]
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 8:23 AM
To: tomtuner at verizon.net
Subject: RE: Circular Saw help

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Avery
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2006 7:32 AM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Circular Saw help

Avery,

            For a deck a circular saw is helpful, but a compound mitre saw
is the tool of choice.

Home depot web site has this saw for 129.00.

            I have not used this model, but a few of the woodworking
magazines often give the Ridged line positive reviews in the lower cost
group.

            ITom Driscoll

RIDGID
Reconditioned 10 In. Compound Miter Saw with Exactline Laser

Model ZRMS1065LZ

Price: $129.00/ea

List,

For all you tool gurus out there, can someone tell me the difference in
these two Craftsman Circular
saws shown in the links below?

I'm trying to find a decent quality one for my niece's husband for a
Christmas gift. He's going to
be building a fancy deck soon and he mentioned that one with a laser light
would be good to have.

So far, the Craftsman is the only one I've found with that feature. I've
checked Milwaukee and DeWalt.

Any other suggestions?

Sorry for the kind of off-topic post, but I'm not much of a woodworker and
could use some guidance.

Avery

http://www.tylertool.com/cr915ampcisa.html

http://tinyurl.com/wvzym