Circular Saw help

BobDavis88 at aol.com BobDavis88 at aol.com
Sat Nov 25 12:29:25 MST 2006

Avery,

I recently bought a Skil brand circular saw (Skilsaw used to be an almost
generic term like Kleenex for tissue or Coke for soft drink). It was about sixty
or seventy bucks, I think. Easy to adjust angle and height of cut, has laser.
I used it to cut a bunch of 1x4 and 2x various, as well as 4'x8' sheets of
sheathing, while roofing. The laser doesn't add much to the cost, and is nice. It
helps when doing a good quality of rough work; that is, it is accurate enough
for framing, even without messing with a square during cutting (I used one
for marking). I am so used to precision woodworking on pianos that it was
delightfully liberating to cut "close enough for government work" (which was
surprisingly close). Although I want a 12" compound miter saw, the circular saw is
versatile enough to be in anyone's toolbox.

The laser is hard to see in bright light (like out of doors), very bright
indoors.

Bob Davis