The Bach Temperament

Brad Lehman bpl at umich.edu
Tue Nov 28 15:17:42 MST 2006

There are a variety of different whole albums using it, plus some
isolated samples:
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/cd1003.html
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/cd1002.html
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/recordings.html
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bpl/larips/samples.html

For fun last weekend I played through a bunch of Chopin and Beethoven,
on our church's piano tuned this way.

We're using it (in harpsichord continuo) for some "Messiah" performances
this weekend and later in December, too....  I especially like the
strong contrasts of expressive character between the several E-major
arias and the ones in F and B-flat.  The "Thy rebuke" recitative makes a
nice effect with its quick changes, too.

Bradley Lehman
http://www.larips.com