What problems do "Teflon actions" develop, and how can they be fixed?

Alan McCoy ahm at webband.com
Tue Nov 28 21:28:58 MST 2006

Be aware though that measuring Dw and Uw on teflon flanges is a bit
different than on wool bushings in that with teflon flanges there is more
initial friction resistance to movement, but once the part is in motion,
there is very little friction resistance. May be part of the reason for its
wretchedness in play - harder to control the action.

Alan