urgent need for help with 3 technical terms

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 29 21:38:46 MST 2006

Gregor said: "If you work as a translator you should think about buying the
famous book
Piano Nomenclatur by Nikolaus Schimmel. A German publication of the names
of
piano parts in German, English, French, Italian, Norwegian, and Spanish. I
never read it, but I think it could be very usefull.

By the way: does anyone have a link to a site where the English names of
piano parts are shown along with a picture of a piano or action?"

Gregor, I would suggest you read the aforementioned book...And Mason's
similar effort. Most of what you are dealing with will probably be in
Samuel Wolfendon's book. If you can get a copy of that, I believe your
effort will be easier. The biggest problem with nomenclature is that each
piano manufacturer has their own "favorites".<G>:-(
Best Regards,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I