Two to the one twelth power

Richard Moody remoody at midstatesd.net
Mon Oct 2 00:04:53 MDT 2006

The post below shows why one should use the actual formula rather than the
computed value of the formula for calculations.   If you use 2^(1/12)^12
you get 2.

          If you use 1.05946285^12    you get 1.99999446 .  Besides it is
much easier to punch in 2^(1/12) because you can remember it much much
easier than 1.05946285.      ---ricm

          "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."

          Ansel Adams (1902 - 1984), US photographer