early model B plain wire gauges

John Delacour JD at Pianomaker.co.uk
Tue Oct 3 03:54:01 MDT 2006

At 5:01 pm +1000 3/10/06, Overs Pianos wrote:

>Would anyone have the wire sizes on record for the pre 1900 85 note
>B. I'd be pleased to receive the info.

I'm fairly sure I have a note by note record of the original covered
string scale with a record of every core and overall diameter, but
nothing for the plain wire.  You will be able to tell by the speaking
lengths whether it is the same model. There was a very early model
with bright iron covers (very fine) but I've only once seen that.
The scale I have is for the model with copper covers. Let me know if
you'd like this and I'll look it out.

JD