Schulze Pollman Puzzler

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Thu Oct 5 22:04:51 MDT 2006

I guess I've kept y'all in suspense long enough.

The answer is:  loose excess glue at hammer/shank joint.

I told you it was weird.  The first time I encountered it, it took me forever to figure it out.  I checked EVERYTHING for looseness, and every wire for touching, damper sleeves for play, etc., etc.  I had hammers off, and couldn't figure it out.

I finally just took out the veritable Swiss Army Knife, opened the can opener blade, and rimmed the hook of the blade around the shank where it goes into the hammer.  Problem gone.

Weird.  The only reason I even tried that fix is because there was nothing left to try.

So if you ever get a Schulze Pollman with some weird clicks at hammer strike, this is likely to be the problem.

Thanks for your patience,

Dave Stahl

Dave Stahl Piano Service
650-224-3560