Levels of math necessary for truly understanding scaling, etc.

A440A at aol.com A440A at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 06:02:01 MDT 2006

<<  what level of math is necessary to understanding the concept of scaling,
and other more advanced aspects of piano technology? >>

Scaling?  no more difficult than falling off a a Logarithmic.
More advanced?  Physics is where you put your finger on it.
Metallurgy with its Inorganic chemistry?,  want to begin casting a plate, do
you?

  Most of my piano math is calculating where I left my reading glasses as I
stand in a customer's driveway, at my car, in front of my stringing kit, trying
to read the little Starrett micrometer that was such a deal 28 years ago.
Everything else has lumped into 88 or its derivatives and after too much hammer
hanging, key bushng, though occasionally the 52/36 concept floats out for more
complicated stuff.
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT