Levels of math necessary for truly understanding scaling, etc.

piannaman at aol.com piannaman at aol.com
Fri Oct 6 08:00:51 MDT 2006

Ric, and others,

Thanks for the responses.  Seems quite doable...

You hit the nail on the head when stating that a boring teacher is insurance against learning.  My Algebra teacher in high schools was quite possibly the least dynamic individual I've ever encountered.  And that's not even mentioning his teaching skills, or lack thereof.  Spent much time drifting off or drawing pictures in that class...

Do you remember when the "Calculating Technician" series was published? If it was in the last 5 years, I'm sure I have it somewhere.  That's kind of what I was hunting for, though a deeper understanding might benefit me as well.

Thanks again for the help,

Dave Stahl