Wurlitzer Flanges

Joseph Garrett joegarrett at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 6 08:15:11 MDT 2006

>......... Rebushing might, but I would not put an iron-clad
> guarantee on it unless the entire flange were replaced, knowing how
> silicone "creeps."

I really have to disagree on this one. Think about it.....Why did Wurlitzer use the Sillycone in the first place? Answer because their pinning consisted of poor techniques..i.e. jamming an oversized pin into a flange bushing that was not reamed to the proper size. It eliminated a step in the pinning process. They saved money on Labor! Their answer was Silicone. As for the silicone "creeping", where is it going to "Creep"? Onto the hammer rail, most likely. Then where? My answer: No place of any consideration. Some seem to think this is the Invasion of The Blob or sumpin'...Sheesh! It is not that big a deal. There are a plethora of Wurlys out there, that have had this done to them and they work as well as any other PSO, IMO. My experience has been that proper re-pinning takes care of the initial problem...permanently.
Respectfully,

Joseph Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I