Hex Core Bass Strings

Richard Moody remoody at midstatesd.net
Sat Oct 7 08:34:13 MDT 2006

Once I put a hex core replacement wire on a rental B  in a night club. It
was an emergency the string broke during rehearsal and the program was two
hours later.   A few days later the owner (of the rental piano) who happened
also to run the S&S concert and artist piano program called me and was
adamant against using a hex core wire because it was hard (he used a  harder
word) on the agraffe and why didn't I tie it. ("it broke at the agraffe and
they called me because they couldn't' get in touch with you.")    I should
have offered to come over and help him put in the replacement and get on his
list of who to call when he went fishing.  But the techs from the Bay Area
can tell me if this was a good idea for the C&A person of the 79's and 80's.
; )  ---ric