half-punching

Stéphane Collin collin.s at skynet.be
Sat Oct 7 13:29:46 MDT 2006

Hello Barbara.

I started also using half punchings, after reading about in the list.  I'm enchanted.  It makes the front weight measuring so much easier, as the key moves clearly from rest position to let off position in one movement.  I measured that a whole punching set up needs as much as 6 grams more in the last portion of the travel to get clearly to the let off position.
May I ask, why would you glue a card half punching on the bottom of the key ?  I recall having read something about that, but I would myself and I think avoiding using glue (hard thing) in such a critical place (fulcrum), being afraid of harsh sound or even clicking.

Greetings.

Stéphane Collin.