Hammer Types

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Sat Oct 7 15:09:39 MDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ric Brekne" <ricbrek at broadpark.no>
To: <pianotech at ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, October 07, 2006 1:00 PM
Subject: Hammer Types

> Hey there Barbara
snip

> If you need a BIG sound, you need to go to a bigger (heavier) hammer and
> you will need to make sure the leverage of the instrument can handle your
> choice. Ok.. thats a statement as if of fact... and I know there are folks
> who dispute the mass/soundlevel conection.  But my experience is such.

I would like to hear more about the mass/sound level connection.  What would
be the heaviest SW you've ever gone with?  (Yeah, I know it has to work with
the rest of the action geometry.)  I can't remember from the last time I was
testing parts on a D.  How much help (or not) was a bigger knuckle?

Barbara