half-punching

ed440 at mindspring.com ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat Oct 7 15:53:35 MDT 2006

Barbara-

A quick test on note #1 on a 1960's B action reduced down weight by 3-4 grams.
Whatever "acceleration" is produced by the hump would be lost.  Would anyone notice?
Check to make sure other parameters still work, keys still fit in the case.
I think it's something to keep in the bag of tricks.
A clever supplier could make a set of alternative bearing blocks that gave a sharp edge at the center line of the balance rail pins. (Maybe someone on this list?)

Ed Sutton