DC watts needed ? repost

J Patrick Draine jpdraine at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 08:02:25 MDT 2006

Brett,
As Cy suggested, email Ruth Phillips for advice on how to properly
customize your installations. I remember years ago when Ruth and Webb
Phillips gave a presentation suggesting multiple (3, 4) DC rods (with
a complete system, humidification tank and humidistat) to stabilize
pianos in the Philadelphia area's pitch fluctuations (humid summers/
cold winters). It seemed "off the map" at the time but it was just
progressive and logical thinking.
Don't stress out that the DC website isn't custom tuned to your
particular marketplace. Just put together a "package" (sufficient
wattage, humidistat, back or under cover), write up and illustrate an
information sheet customized to your climate (which is so delightful
for humans but so stressful for pianos), and introduce this to your
customers. Give a friendly, personable piano teacher customer a "deal"
to get the ball rolling so you can give prospective customers a
satisfied customer as a referral.
You're probably giving the piano dealers a big discount for their
customer's first tunings -- let them know that selling the properly
customized "Piano Life Saver System" is YOUR piece of the market.
With a skim of frost on my windshield this morning,
Patrick Draine
RPT
Billerica MA