Hammer Types

Barbara Richmond piano57 at insightbb.com
Mon Oct 9 08:32:43 MDT 2006

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I'd be interested in seeing the specs.  I certainly agree and have experienced the results of a too heavy hammer in the treble.  My biggest concern (as in the past) is power.  The last piano I did for an <impossible hall> had enough power if the right pianist was playing it.  Actually, there was only one instance when I felt the piano was lacking and there was a discussion on this list of the pianist's role in projection.  If I had that piano to do over again, there are a few things I would change--even though the response to the piano was very positive.  So, now I might be facing another <impossible hall> and I know I will have to experiement further with hammer weight.  Do you follow a SW line all the way through the piano, or do you go heavier lower and then jump down in the treble?

Thanks.

Barbara Richmond, RPT