FW: Time and Money

Don pianotuna at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 14 17:35:02 MDT 2006

Hi Brian,

Once a year I adjust my rates based on the annual inflation rate. So in
"real" dollars I earn the same amount per hour as I did nearly 30 years
ago. This policy has served me very well. Other than one "price buster" in
my area most of the other tuners have followed suit, which means all of us
have more dollars in our pockets. The piano stores hate it (of course).

At 07:10 PM 10/14/2006 -0400, you wrote:

> Subject: Time and Money       Hello List,     As your business grew, and
>you were finding less time available for appointments, did you adjust your
>rates for new clients?     I am feeling that my time is becoming more and
>more valuable as more people are wanting my time…a nice problem.
> Was there a point when you made rate adjustments?   ( I hope that I am
>communicating my question clearly )     Brian P. Doepke

Regards,

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7
306-539-0716 or 1-888-29t-uner