Julius Bauer Grand Pianos, was: New Hammers on Old Piano

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich at pianobuilders.com
Sat Oct 14 20:01:15 MDT 2006

  _____

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Farrell
Sent: October 14, 2006 5:45 PM
To: Pianotech List
Subject: Re: Julius Bauer Grand Pianos, was: New Hammers on Old Piano

But still, wouldn't the soundboard and inner rim come out with the plate (maybe
after loostening the soundboard from the belly rail)?

Actually, I think you can take the whole soundboard assembly out of the piano
without removing the plate. Also, as I recall, it might be easier to support the
plate on a stand of some sort and simply remove the outer rim.

You've heard the expression, "I wish I'd been there when...?" Well, I wish I'd
been there when the JB folks walked into the plate foundry with that plate
pattern. The expression on the foundrymen's faces would have been priceless.

Del