New Petrof 210 review / Dale

Ric Brekne ricbrek at broadpark.no
Tue Oct 17 09:50:52 MDT 2006

Actually, there is a lot going on at Petrof at the present.  There seems
to have been a light turned on for some of the top brass of the company.
They believe that with in the next few years the Chinese will totally
dominate the low end market, and the only survivors in the west will be
high end instruments... and they mean real high end. The way I read his
comments he more or less said that if you cant get right up their with
Hamburg Steinway, Bosendorfer, and Fazioli.... you might as well as well
shut down now.

So.... yes... the Petrof action is going under some big overhauls as
well.  There was some talk about using the felt punchings André
introduced to many of us as well. They are building there own action and
action parts again.  And the design has been revamped somewhat. I don't
have the exact details for you  but it is similar to the Renner action
by his description and incorporates some elements from the pre 1940
Petrof instrument.  I have to believe tho that they will stick with
their individual fitting of hammer bores to each section for each piano.

Hope that answers you at least in part.

Cheers
RicB

Ric
  Good report.  Did they do any thing about the funky way  they set up the
action?
  Dale:

Hi  folks

Just back from a very successfull Nordic Piano Convention  2006.  Many
highlights to be sure. Roger Jolly did a phenomenal job  with his
seminar.  But here I just wanted to submit a quick review of  the new
Petrof 210 grand.