Streaking polish

Michelle Smith michelle at cdaustin.com
Tue Oct 17 16:03:42 MDT 2006

Hi all.  Remember the 1908 Steinway upright with the banged up casters?
Well, my rebuilder friend drove out and helped me with the replacement and
it turned out really well.  Thanks for all of your encouraging words.

Now I am working on returning some life to the piano's finish.  The customer
is not ready to do a complete refinishing job; just wants to get it looking
ok and in the house.  (It's currently in the garage.)  I used a cleaner/wax
remover suggested by Ruth Phillips at Allied Piano and am now trying the
Konig Special French Polish she also recommended.  It has done a great job
of returning much of the luster but is quite streaky.  (Like when a car is
waxed.)  Any solutions for getting rid of the streaks?  I've only applied
one coat so far.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Michelle Smith

Smith Piano Service