Deal...or No Deal?

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Oct 19 05:59:02 MDT 2006

 A couple of thoughts on this and similar situations:

1) WE determine what a piano needs, not the client.  How often have we all been told that a piano "only needs a few strings adjusted" or the like when it actually needs two passes?  The only thing that is certain is that if it is noticeably out of tune to the client in any way, it is probably far worse than they think (or hope).

2) "If you give it away, who will pay for it?"  People tend to value what they pay for MORE than what they get for free.  I have learned this lesson all to many times early on both as a technician and as a musician.

Cheers,

Alan Eder R.P.T.