hitch pin glitch

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Oct 22 11:46:10 MDT 2006

> About 65% of BP is usually the limit up there.  That puts your upper end
> not greater than 54 mm or so (depending on whose formula you are
> using).  A combination of too long speaking length plus a worn or sharp
> capo bar might contribute to the net effect.
>
> David Love

And who's wire. It would be about 65% for International Gold
wire. Roslau would be closer to 72% at 54mm, I think. I'd
guess Tom's probably using Roslau. Replacing the wire with IG
might just get him up to pitch. I did a scale for someone a
while back for a 9' Everett. It had a C-8 of 58mm, putting it
at 83% break by Sanderson's formula! I recommended moving the
bridge forward 4-5mm.

Ron N